Double the Strength – 3T MRI
Spectrum Medical Imaging now offers 3 T MRI scanning at our Silver Street Randwick location.
What is 3T MRI scanning?
Tesla (T) is the unit of measurement quantifying the strength of a magnetic field. To date, 1.5 T MRI scanners have been the industry standard. The new 3T MRI produces double the magnetic field strength of the standard 1.5T MRI scanners, resulting in high image quality and anatomical detail.
What are the benefits of a 3T MRI scanner?
Twice the strength means
- Higher spatial resolution with reduced image noise
- Particularly useful for high quality vascular imaging & neuroimaging
- Increased sensitivity to detect pathology
- Shorter scan time and wider bore
- Maximising patient comfort
Our Liverpool and High Street Randwick practices also offer 1.5T MRI scanning.